A story about a brave little girl, her neurotic mother, and her "a-little-too" carefree dad.

Tuesday, August 9

Thinking back

This morning at 2:30 a.m Pun'kin woke up to be fed and as she was falling asleep I had a flash back. I remember every night at 12 a.m my husband and I would drive to the hospital to kiss her good night. We never missed a night, and I cried every night. I kept telling my husband " I want to bring her home." Now that she is home and is next to me every night, it is truly a blessing. I love watching her fall asleep. She is so beautiful and lovable. Twice a week I would stay all day at the hospital with her and I loved it. I could spend all day with her and do all the feedings and all the cleanings. One of the funniest moments in the nicu was when Pun'kin had her first "projectile" poop. It got every where. The nurse was very surprised because she just kept going and the best part was Pun'kin was ASLEEP. =) I jokingly said she is the poop master of the family. Luckily it was bath night that night.Having her home is awesome because I can hold her and kiss her when ever I want.Being a parent is a lot of fun to me. I'm sure it will stay fun because I am only going to have one child. Pun'kin is my world. I love waking up to her, even if it is in the middle of the night. I always tell her I love her and give her kisses and tell her "good job" when she gives me a good burp.Pun'kin is a very quiet baby.She just started cooing late last month. It's awesome hearing her talk to me. She makes the cutest sounds and smiles when she coos. Tomorrow she will get her fourth set of casts on. After that only two more until her surgery.I don't know which will be harder the surgery or watching her wear braces for 20 hours a day. Everything is going to change. The way we hold her, the way we feed her and the way she sleeps. Her casts already make her mad when I do tummy time, I can only imagine how mad she is going to be in the braces. Some days the casts don't bother me and other days they really do. Like when she is in her swing and I hear the clunking of the casts because she is trying to move her legs. That really breaks my heart. Or when she is just crying because her casts are hurting her. She has this cry that is so heart breaking. My husband hates that cry. When she is in that much pain there is nothing we can do but try to hold her and comfort her, but even holding her can hurt her. Those days/nights SUCK! I think she is so quiet and sleeps a lot is because she does it to ignore the pain from her casts. I don't blame her. When I am in pain or don't feel good, I just want to sleep it off too. Speaking of sleeping my daughter is finally asleep and most moms would say..." take your shower now, do your chores now, or sleep now" I am going to take my shower and do my chores and then.. if there is time, take a nap. So as usual, stay classy my friends

No comments:

Post a Comment