A story about a brave little girl, her neurotic mother, and her "a-little-too" carefree dad.

Monday, August 15

fun in the sun

So I have been a parent for 81 days. This weekend on Saturday I took Pun'kin to a clothing optional beach. It was my first time going to one. Pun'kin did so well. She just slept in her pack and play and enjoyed the warmth from the not so much sun, but heat trapped in from the overcast.It was very interesting. In Portland you have a lot of hippies and there was this one lady who was smoking weed and drinking wine and hula hooping talking about how she is a social butterfly. LOL.. There were a lot of older people and they all knew each other. My good friend and I had a good time and made jokes about how we wanted to take a nude picture of Pun'kin and make some sick jokes about how she is all natural and not having to shave or wax "below" lol... On Sunday we went to Seattle and my friend Sarah held Pun'kin and loved it. All day random people kept telling her how beautiful her baby was and asking how old she was. LOL. It was comedy.Pun'kin did so well. She loved being outside.It's almost creepy how good she is. I tell my husband either we got really lucky or she is going to be autistic. I know that sounds mean but really that's how good of a baby she is. Earlier last week my neighbor was telling me about how her friend's seven week old baby had passed away. Now when she told me this My heart dropped. I was in shock. I am so thankful Pun'kin is still here with me. I thank God every morning and every night. Honestly I don't think there is anything more wonderful and stress relieving than having your baby wake up in the morning. Even though Pun'kin wakes up in the middle of the night to eat, I AM GLAD SHE DOES because she is still here with me. There are no words to describe how happy I am every time she wakes up.Being a premature baby her lungs aren't as fully developed as a full term baby so I worry about her breathing and also her heart beat is not as stable so I worry about her heart rate going down and not coming back up and because she is not on monitors I don't know when it does. It's very stressful. On Sunday in Seattle we were at Pikes Place and this couple saw Pun'kin and then saw her casts and the woman said " honey did you see their daughter? she's in casts?" and she said in a way as if I broke her legs. I just got so mad. I just wanted to leave. I just wish people would ask whats wrong instead of starring and then whispering. It really just makes me sad and mad. Pun'kin is my world and I would NEVER harm her. Sarah always says to me if Pun'kin was an ugly baby she would never take credit for Pun'kin being hers. LOL. When her and I were waiting to be seated at Pike's Place brewery this family saw me feeding Pun'kin and Sarah sitting beside me and I heard the wife telling her husband that she thought we were a gay couple. So I laughed and whispered it to Sarah and she laughed and then.. well we had fun with it. Sarah stroked Pun'kins' head and then stroked my chin and I said out loud "Isn't OUR baby beautiful?" and Sarah said "yes" and then I said : She has mommy's eyes." and Sarah laughed and said " good thing the sperm donor did too" LOL.. It was great. I think the family left.. haha. Pun'kin ...she is the best baby. I can't believe how big she is getting. Last week she weighed 8 pounds 7 ounces. This Wednesday we"ll find out how much she has gained. I am also going to measure her as well. This week will be casts number 5 and then she'll get number 6 and August 28th is the surgery date. It's coming up so fast. I don't think I am ready for it. Sarah is going to help me "spiffify" this blog so I can post pics of Pun'kin. It's almost time for her to eat. So I should go.. but as always
Stay classy my friend

No comments:

Post a Comment