A story about a brave little girl, her neurotic mother, and her "a-little-too" carefree dad.

Wednesday, August 17

Pun'kins casts

Today Pun'kin got her fifth set of casts. She is in A LOT of pain today. The ibuprofen doesn't seem to be helping. She is also gassy so we gave her some gas drops. I am hoping now she will be able to sleep with ease. My husband bless his heart really gets upset when Pun'kin is upset. Today we went blueberry picking and he just held her all morning. He wouldn't let me hold her because he says " I DON'T EVER GET TO SPEND TIME WITH HER!" This is true but... He doesn't get to deal with the crying and screaming and tears and giggles. Some times I feel like he isn't that "in to her" When she was in the nicu he was WAY more active with her. He read to her and talked to her a lot more. I figured he doesn't do it so much now because the feeling of helplessness isn't there anymore. I still think she needs to hear his voice more often. I talk to Pun'kin ALL DAY! When she's awake or sleeping. Now that she is getting older, she is looking more like her dad. When she was born she looked exactly like me. I'm sure every parent hates when their new born cries because they're in pain and there is nothing they can do. You just feel so bad because nothing takes their pain away or soothes them. I wish there was a magic happy pill for babies. LOL. wouldn't that be great? I sure think so. Well on a different subject my husband is trying to send me to California after Pun'kins surgery so my family can see her for the first time. My husband and I were KINDA relying on him getting a job with the North West Natural Gas Co, but he did not. So the money we were expecting to have to send Pun'kin and I to California is no longer in our future. It sucks because we can only go down once a year to see my family and friends. Everyone wants us to move back home to California but honestly as much as I would love to I'd still want to live in like Northern California. I couldn't live SUPER close to my family. I love them with all my heart but don't get me wrong.... There is too much drama in my family. Plus I moved away to get away from the drugs. I love living in Washington. It's beautiful. I get all four seasons but mostly three are rain or snow. lol I'm okay with that. I love the snow and I love the rain. Now when I say rain I don't mean Californian rain I mean more of a steady drizzle or mist. When it really rains I GET EXCITED. It reminds me of California rain. Although we don't not get thunder or lightening here. That's one thing that sucks. I think one of the things besides my family that I miss the most is the food. I love me some Mexican food and Chinese food. Up here they put potato chunks in your breakfast burrito NOT HASH BROWNS... and... here's the kicker... THEY PUT MUSHROOMS IN FAJITAS. WHO DOES THAT???? jeesh... I miss Mr. yu's chinese food, Yoshinoya, and Gus Jr. and... IN N OUT.. ooh man.. Oh and sunnymead burger. yummy. man.... I sure do miss Cali food. OH AND CUCAS. omg... best burrito's ever. I hope that Pun'kin is not a picky eater. I want her to want to try everything at least once. I am only picky about a few things only because of texture but my husband, well I usually make a garbage disposal sound when he eats. LOL. It's quite funny.
Now.. it's time to go be a good mommy and pump. and tomorrow I will write about how much I HATE PUMPING and why. So as usual.. Stay classy my friends...

1 comment:

  1. mushroom is fajitas are the best!! you just don't know a good thing because someone has to be allergic to the good stuff! thanks for going berry picking with me today. i always love seeing you guys

    ReplyDelete