A story about a brave little girl, her neurotic mother, and her "a-little-too" carefree dad.

Wednesday, August 31

The rest of the week is going to suck

Tomorrow Pun'kin gets her casts off and we will have our pre op consultation. I have a lot of questions to ask. I'm still not sure how I'm going to get through it. I keep
Telling myself it's going to be ok. My husbands parents still haven't called to ask about Pun'kin. You know my husband tries to defend his parents actions by saying "well they never call me!" Well Pun'kin is their first grandchild, and they know she has issues with her feet. You would THINK that they would CARE enough about her to ask how she is doing. See my husbands mother complains that HER mother doesn't do anything with GAMMY is my husbands mother. So GAMMY gets mad that her mother never spends time or asks how her youngest son is doing. She complains that her mother lives an hour away but never comes to visit. Gammy just goes on and on about how it hurts her feelings and yet she does the EXACT SAME THING TO US!! She lives an hour away and never comes over. She says the drive is too long and we don't have air conditioning. WHAT A POOR EXCUSE. I don't understand how she can sit there and rant about her mom when she is a splitting image of her mother. I can almost bet money that they don't know her birthday. I have just come to the point where I just don't want to go there any more. To their house I mean. I find it funny that they refuse to come here but expect us to go there knowing we are usually hurting for money. I try to just tell myself to just let it go and that is just the way they are but really?? That's just the way they are?? That's pretty pathetic to me. I tell my husband if my family was only an hour away I would see them all the time. I just don't get it.  I hope you can all now see where my frstration comes from. It breaks my heart that they aren't active in her life. I told my husband that its either they want to be in her life or they don't. I don't want anymore lf this "when its convenient for them" b.s.  They are missing out on so much. Pun'kin giggled for the first time she is awake longer and smiles more. She's almost sleeping through the night!! Well to be honest my vicodin for my jaw and ear just kicked in and I'm sleepy so I will add to it tomorrow. Good night my friends. As always, stay classy my friends

No comments:

Post a Comment