A story about a brave little girl, her neurotic mother, and her "a-little-too" carefree dad.

Friday, September 2

Pun'kins surgery

Today I have been a parent for 99 days. That also means that Pun'kin is 99 days old. Her surgery took about an hour. She woke up with nothing but strangers around her and she was not having it. I feel bad because as soon as we walked in I rushed over to her and took her and then the doctors told my husband he had to leave the room. She was very upset at first because she was hungry. As soon as I gave her a bottle her pulse came down and she just stared at me. Now we are back in her room and daddy is holding his princess. We were told at first we would be here until 5pm but they just said we could leave at 3pm. When they first took her away the only things that ran through my head were " who are all these people? Where are my mommy and daddy? What are you doing to me?" I just wish that we could have been in there with her. I didn't cry while she was in surgery but I did cry when I got to hold her. It was scary just having them take her away. It reminded me of when she was born and the doctors took her away from me and I couldn't hold her for a few hours after.  Well I'm going to hold my daughter for a while. As always, stay classy my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment