A story about a brave little girl, her neurotic mother, and her "a-little-too" carefree dad.

Friday, September 16

For my husband

There has been a lot of rough patches in our relationship, but we are still standing strong. I knew when I was younger that you were the one for me. I just can't believe you waited for me for so long.You stuck by my side through all my break ups and through my drug abuse. You never once called me stupid, yet told me I made stupid decisions. You know me better than I know myself. I am so thankful to have you. I am serious when I say that I could never deal with me if I were you. I really don't know how you do it but I am thankful. I know that you work hard and do your best to provide for Pun'kin and I. When I talk about you to my friends they always say you're such a great husband and it's true, you are! YOU ARE AN AMAZING DADDY AND HUSBAND. I can't believe we have been together for 5 years. In those five years we've had the car repo'd, had help with rent when we couldn't afford it, had family issues and yet here we are. We've got great friends who keep us sane and get us out of the house. I am so glad you got the new position at work and I hope that you will enjoy your job more. I hope that eventually we will get to a point in our lives where we can always pay bills on time and you can have all the things you deserve. I know that you put Pun'kin and I first but I promise to make sure soon you can put yourself first. I want you to have the nice t.v and computer. I want you to be able to play xbox live with your friends and have new games. I feel like you have put the kid part of you on hold and become a 24/7 full time grown up. I miss the kid in you. I miss watching you scream and laugh while playing live with your friends. I miss you being involved with people other than me. I want to see that excitement in you again. I will do what ever I can to make that happen. You are a great man Mr. Towe. A great husband, dad and provider. I know sometimes you feel like a failure and that what we have isn't good enough, but it's good enough for me. So who cares that we have an old ass couch that we have to cover with a throw blanket because it's got a huge hole in it, how cares that we don't have t.v or nice furniture. The people who do care about those things shouldn't be in our lives. I appreciate EVERYTHING we have! Although I do care we have a hole in the couch..lol that's why there's a throw blanket it on it. hehe but still. when I walk into our apartment I feel at home. I know we have white walls and no really HOMEY things but hey I have you and Pun'kin. and the "brats" BUT THAT'S GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME. I know that we have been used by friends and have been too nice to people and been burned by them but, we will come out on top like we always do. I know that we wish we had more money to do things more often and SOME DAY WE WILL. When that happens we won't be HAPPIER but humbled. Humbled because we know we've earned it and we now know how to manage it better. You and Pun'kin are my world. I can't wait to be home and in your arms again. Babe I am the happiest woman ever. I married my best friend and you gave me our beautiful daughter. I couldn't ask for more. Thank you a million times over for never giving up on me. For being my rock, for extending my vocabulary and teaching me my states. LOL.. and filling my brain with useless information. I wouldn't have you any other way. I love you with all my heart and I look forward to all the adventures we will be having as partners and parents

No comments:

Post a Comment