A story about a brave little girl, her neurotic mother, and her "a-little-too" carefree dad.

Tuesday, October 11

REALLY??? WHAT NEXT? WHY DON'T YOU JUST KILL MY DAUGHTER NOW!

So on my trip to California Pun'kin became sick. So I have my husband do some searching for urgent cares that would be covered by our insurance. The first Urgent care I take her to they don't have a pediatrician. So the second Urgent Care we go to is seriously in the slums of Moreno Valley and man as soon as I saw "Circumcision for any age" in huge letters painted on their window I thought to myself .. "OMG, CAN IT GET ANY MORE GHETTO?" So I go in and wait to be called back and as soon as the doctor walks into the room and he speaks I knew I wasn't going to get the care she needed. He could hardly speak English let alone understand what I was trying to say to him. So he puts pressure on her ears and checks her throat and says " well she has an ear infection in both her ears and it seems her Eustachian tubes aren't draining, and she's teething. So go ahead and give her some sugar water." First off how are you going to tell me she has an ear infection WITHOUT LOOKING INTO HER EARS?? Secondly WTF IS SUGAR WATER GOING TO HELP??? WOW! So the next day her cough is getting worse when she coughed her face turned blue. So My step dad took us to another Urgent Care. Now I had been to this Urgent Care myself when I was younger so I KNEW it was clean and that the doctors there were good. So as soon as we get called back the doctor comes in and she asks all about Pun'kins medical history, which is one thing the other doctor did not. So after 45 minutes of going over her medical history and me telling her what the other "doctor" said she checks both of her ears and says they look PERFECTLY NORMAL! Then she checks her gums and says NOPE NOT TEETHING EITHER. another thing the other "doctor" did not do. Then she listens to her chest for the coughing and says " well she seems a little congested and she's running a little bit of a fever but nothing serious." WOW......... So that doctor says just keep giving her the Tylenol with codeine it will help with the pain from her surgery the cough and the fever! WOW!!!!! was it really that hard for the other doctor to do what she just did? APPARENTLY! So I leave very happy except..... NOW HERE'S THE EFFED UP PART When the doctor asked me of all the medications she was on I said Ibuprofen and she says what?? she is too young to be on that. and I tell her that her orthopedic surgeon told us to get some for her. So I call Pun'kins primary care doctor and she confirms it. NO BABY UNDER 6 MONTHS SHOULD HAVE IBUPROFEN. GREAT! My husband and I have been giving it to her for the past ten weeks. NOT EVERY DAY, but here and there. So I'm PISSED. Then this morning I get my once a month in home nurse visit for Pun'kin! I tell her how things have been going and that she is now eating 6 ounces every three hours and her primary care doctor says she can have rice cereal mixed in to it. The nurse says "WHAT? ARE YOU SERIOUS??" She's too young to have that. Babies aren't supposed to have solids until six months.. SO INSTANTLY I PANIC AND START CRYING. The nurse said yes it will fill her tummy longer but because she is premature her organs do not know how to process it so she is not getting the nutrients from it...GREAT!!! Tomorrow I have a wic appointment and I am going ask them what we should do. If they confirm that she should not be on rice cereal right now when I go in next week for Pun'kins 4 month check up I'm going to have a few choice words with her doctor and most likely pick a new pediatrician. I just don't get it. Then to top it all off my twin and I got into a whipped cream fight and my thumb ring fell off and into the garbage disposal and I did not know. So when I am doing dishes I run the garbage disposal and hear a grinding noise and immediately turn it off. I stick my hand in there and find to bottle caps "not beer caps" and my thumb ring....and apparently MY DIAMOND FELL OUT! ugh.... My wedding ring is currently being changed out because the opal was cracking on the bottom so my long time friend gave me a ruby to replace the opal. So 200 dollars later my ring is being worked on and then my Diamond in my thumb ring is GONE... I swear you guys I just want to pull a Britney Spears shave my head, and go underground for about a year. LOL... Honestly... I wish my mom and twin could have stayed another week. I feel like they really didn't get to relax on their vacation because we did something EVERY day! I know they had fun and that's what counts. As it gets closer to the Holidays I get more and more upset. Yes it's going to be exciting for Tory and I because we have Pun'kin but... To me holidays are about being with family and as all of you know we aren't on the best of terms with my husbands family. Recently but not really my husbands grandmother left a pot of flowers on our porch and theres a card attached to it. It says some quote and then his grandmother writes " I'm sorry for have offending you and although I am not sure how it got so far and hurt some many I hope we can get together or some B.S like that.. FIRST OFF... IF SHE REALLY DOESN'T KNOW HOW IT GOT THIS FAR THEN... THERE IS NO REASON TO APOLOGIZE. SECONDLY.....I can say three things on how it got out of hand. ONE, TAKING EVERYTHING FROM US THAT WAS GIVEN TO US, SECONDLY TELLING ME YOU CALLED THE COPS AND TOLD THEM WE STOLE YOUR WASHER AND DRYER, THIRDLY SAYING I AM A BAD PARENT AND MORE OF A MARTYR THAN A MOTHER! wow those seem to be pretty jacked up things to say. BUT! If you honestly don't know what you said or did to upset my husband and I, then there is no reason to talk. DO I NEED TO GO ON?? ugh.. so This Thanksgiving will just be the three of us and this Christmas we have already decided to spend it with our neighbors. Too bad so sad. UGH!!! I'm going out of my mind here. Can some one please tell me what I am doing wrong here? LOL..Well I am putting Pun'kin back to bed now so as always, Stay classy my friends

No comments:

Post a Comment